- Product Information
- Odontocem is the first calcium Silicate-based cement to succesfully incorporate a steroid. Odontocem is eugenol and turpene-free with no zinc oxide/eugenol chemistry which is toxic to exposed pulps.
- Odontocem represents the next generation of pulp capping agents and cements which, when set, provides a biocompatible layer advantageous for successful direct pulp capping.
- Odontocem's unique chemistry results in transiently high pH of the set material which reduces over time to a more neutral pH. This provides an initial antibacterial effect, followed by an improvement in the biocompatibility of the set material over time in order for the healing to proceed.
- Odontocem powder and liquid are mixed to form a calcium silicate, calcium sulphate, calcium hydroxide and calcium phosphate based cement liner for use as a calmative liner in deep cavities and for pulp capping of vital exposures.
- Odontocem contains 0.2% triamcinolone acetonide, a potent steroid, to provide transient relief of pain. The relatively low dose of the steroid is such that the inflammatory response required for the formation of the dentinal bridge is only temporarily delayed. This also helps to prevent false positives as may occur with products containing higher steroid levels.
Available in a 10mL Liquid or a 8g Powder. These are used together but sold seperately.
Write Your Own Review