Green Card T - Air Removal Penetration Test
Class 2 - Indicators for use in Specific Test
- such as an Air Removal Test ( either Bowie-Dick-Type test for use when processing porous loads of cotton rolls, gauze post extraction packs, cotton wool and the like or a Process Challenge Device (PCD) to be used for general dental instruments, particularly hollow instruments) which measures the effectiveness of air removal and even penetration of steam in a pre-vacuum sterilizer.
- In using a pre-vacuum autoclave, a Class 2 Air Removal Test must be run each day (the very first empty cycle of the morning) to test the ability of the vacuum pump system to remove air adequately.*
Air Removal & Steam Penetration Test ( Bowie Dick Type Test)
- The Green Card T is specially packaged for daily monitoring of pre-vacuum steam sterilizers operating at 134 degrees Celcius to detect the presence of residual air.
- Residual air can defeat pre-vacuum steam sterilization.
- The special pouch packaging prevents the indicator card from being exposed to excessively wet steam conditions that are sometimes present in Benchtop sterilizers.
- Simply clip the pouch containing the Green Card to your autoclave rack and process.
- A Uniform green colour change of the matrix signifies a pass.
15 pieces / box
(price is per box)
1. Australian Dental Association, Guidelines for Infection Control.
2. Australian Dental Association, Practical Guides to Infection Control
3. AS/NZS 4187:2003