Hollow Load Helix Test - Sterintech
Class 2 - Indicators for use in Specific Test
- such as an Air Removal Test / Helix Test ( either Bowie-Dick-Type test for use when processing porous loads of cotton rolls, gauze post extraction packs, cotton wool and the like or a Process Challenge Device (PCD) to be used for general dental instruments, particularly hollow instruments) which measures the effectiveness of air removal and even penetration of steam in a pre-vacuum sterilizer.
- In using a pre-vacuum autoclave, a Class 2 Air Removal Test must be run each day (the very first empty cycle of the morning) to test the ability of the vacuum pump system to remove air adequately.*
The Sterintech Bowie Dick Helix Test for Hollow Loads are proven to detect sterilizer failures much earlier than other types of chemical indicators or integrators.
The EN 285-2009 specifies that the helix test (hollow A) is an obligatory test for class B Bench Top Steam Sterilizers.
Features & Advantages
- Conform to ISO 11140-1 Type 2- EN867 part 5 class B
- Clear transition of colour from blue to pink.
- Easy to interpret
- Multiple indicator test strips printed on each sheet allowing easier storage and selection.
- 250 test strips + device per kit